Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Beer & Whine Diet

So since I started whining, I've lost 3.5 pounds in 4 days.
Why couldn't it have been an even 4 pounds in 4 days? Why?
It's important to keep whining. Seems to be doing good.

I figure I'll regain the weight as soon as the weather cools down. That's what happened after the 4th of July weekend, anyway. I ate a bit more to make up for the non-eating, and my weight went back up to the set point. The good thing is that I've not been going above the set point. This month, the only fluctuations have been in a downward direction. My aim is to keep up the level of exercise and to try to eat a few hundred calories under what I need to maintain the weight.

Exercise du jour: 1 hour yoga, a mere 20 minutes walking.


Calories in: a whopping 1942
Calories out: a mere 363

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Sounds like a great plan--aiming for a few hundred calories under sounds more maintainable that eating way too little.

Congrats on the 3.5!

McB said...

One theory re weight loss is that a sudden or extreme drop in calorie intake signals the brain to slow down the metabolism. Supposedly it's an evolutionary response to famine. So avoid extremes in both diet and exercise lest your body get the wrong message.