Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yes, I've started talking to myself


Merry's Foot: Ha! You're going to try pounding me into the pavement three times a week? I think not. Pain time!

Merry: Ha! You think you're going to derail my exercise just when I was getting into the routine? Not. I'm going to sit down on a bicycle and get that cardio done anyway!

Merry's Foot: Curses! I can't prevent that.

Merry: Bicycle time!

Merry's Bum: Ahem... um, Merry? You're going to try putting me on a nasty bicycle seat for hours at a time? Pain time!

Merry: @#$! I don't care. I'm going to ride anyway. Vitamin I time!


Exercise du jour: I'm doing a 5k walk with my sister-in-law for one of SIL's charities. Probably won't get the heart rate up, but it's good to do family stuff, especially when you can combine it with exercise. Schedule permitting, I'll try 40 minutes running trudging after.

Photo courtesy of the Eleventh Earl of Mar.

5 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Oh dear, so sorry about the foot!

So smart to cross train though. Always good to spread the injuries around.

Theresa said...

Where exactly is your foot hurting? Or is it just a general throb all over? Either way, bummer!

Have fun on the 5k walk! Your heart rate might not get up, but you're still burning 5k worth of calories!

The Merry said...

It's a pain on the ball of the foot. It flares up after I've been running for a bit. I was thinking plantar whatsit, but it's a pain in the... foot... whatever it's name is.

Theresa said...

Boo, no fun! There's that stretch that's like a calf stretch, but then you drop your knee to stretch your ankle. I've also read about folks using a tennis ball to rub/stretch the arch of your foot. And taking a break from running until it goes away!

C said...

Damn foot. They're ornery little suckers, aren't they?

Hope the walk was fun.