Saturday, November 20, 2010

HBBC: What have I gotten into now?




I'm blaming Xenia for this.
What else could you expect from a woman who put the "I" into warrior woman?

Thanks to her, I've signed up for the 3rd annual Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge. To quote the Run to the Finish blog, the rules are thus:

HBBC Rules
1 Point per mile (run/walk/snowshoe)
1 Point per 3 miles biked
1 Point per 20 minutes of weight lifting, Pilates, yoga, stretching or abs
1 Point per 15 minutes of another form of cardio (e.g. kick boxing, aerobics elliptical)
1 Per day where you reach a minimum of 7 servings of fruits and veggies

Challenge will run from Nov 20 to Jan 7

It doesn't say anything about taking points away for stuffing yourself with stuffing, or pie, or any of the other holiday goodies in store for me this season. Probably a good thing. It is possible to take the holidays too far...

Come Sit On Santa And Tell Me What You Want For Chri-WAARRGGABBUURRLBLL
see more Lovely Listing

On the plus side, since I had to push off yesterday's run, this means I get to count yesterday's C25K as part of this challenge, which is a good thing.

If you want to join in the fun, go to Run to the Finish and sign up.
We can all blame Xenia for getting us through the holidays with leaner, fitter bodies.


Santa could use a workout...

Exercise du jour:
Week 4 C25k

5 comments:

C said...

There was no way I was going through this alone. Misery does indeed love company.

That toilet is frightening.

I walked four miles today and ended up with three blisters. Not how I had anticipated that working out. Balls.

Good luck HBBCing! :)

The Merry said...

I'd give points for the blisters. Four miles already? I'm going to have to work to catch up.

messymimi said...

Good for you, keeping fit through the holidays!

I track exercise and watch my diet on another site, but I admire you for doing this.

As for the Santa decor, I don't think that would go over well here. Amazing what some people will do.

solarity said...

How can a man who scrambles over rooftops and climbs up and down chimneys carrying a pack *possibly* need a workout? And he probably snowshoes a lot up there at the North Pole. It's all his winter underwear that makes him look fat.

Here's hoping you can catch Santa!

Mary Anne in Kentucky

The Merry said...

Oh, I'm glad it's just his outfit that makes him look so portly.
And while I know that he's supposed to be carrying a doll in addition to the other toys, for some reason that picture makes him look like he's carrying around a live baby. Troubling.