Friday, October 02, 2009

Struggles with statistics



Hey, it's Friday. That requires a Hugh Jackman photo, right?


Just a note to self here (because everyone else is still looking at Hugh). According to the Sparkpeople statistics I'm managing to eat enough protein and fat every day, but I'm invariably short of the number of carbs I should be consuming.

I'm caught between trying to please both a computerized nutritional program and my stomach. I don't want to eat pasta, or rice, or bread. Need to start eating potatoes. They're starchy enough.

Exercise du jour:

Week 4 of the (full) 100 push up challenge
Day 3
(90 seconds rest in between)
Set 1 - 23
Set 2 - 28
Set 3 - 23
Set 4 - 23
Set 5 - 33

Week 4 of the 200 sit ups challenge
(60 seconds rest in between)
Day 3
Set 1 - 35
Set 2 - 42
Set 3 - 35
Set 4 - 35
Set 5 - 50

Done! Damn, but that was close to a DNF. It's 8:30 pm, and I just finished the last set. I did sets 3 and 4 at work, and I thought I'd injured a couple of muscles. A different muscle in each arm, to make it more confusing. I almost didn't finish that last set. I'm off to do some serious ibuprofren. I'm not even going to take the end-of-4th-week test. I figure it's better to rest the arms completely for a couple days and then repeat this week.
Know what's weird? I feel like a loser for repeating. Keep telling myself that it's not like repeating kindergarten or something -- it's
allowed to take it easy if something's hurting. I don't want to end up with arms so sore that it's painful to comb my hair. Last time I did that, I couldn't do any arm exercises for months. Caution, Grasshopper.
Plus, 1 hour forty minutes walking.

Don't thank me for that photo. Thank

6 comments:

LaShaune said...

And that's all I want to it is carbs. Try chickpeas - good carbs, good protein. Also, apples and black beans (especially together in a yummy salad) - that should raise your carb levels. my sparkpeople name is texnyqueen - I could use some motivation.

RebeccaJ said...

Hugh Jackmam, hmmm, yum

me said...

Umm...I'm sorry, did you say something? *drool*

BCB said...

Hmm. Debating... is he about to draw a sword from a hidden sheath or draw his t-shirt off over his head? Perhaps both. This is a purely intellectual debate, mind you, and has nothing whatsoever to do with lurid mental images associated with either event. Really.

I meant to say this earlier in the week (actually thought I had, and maybe I did -- been that kind of week), but I'm glad you're not blogging over at that "other" place anymore. I figure it means more words (and Hugh Jackman pics) for us over here. ;)

Thanks for continuing to exercise and adjust your diet so I can reap the vicarious benefits. I'm sure it's extending my life expectancy. Or maybe just my expectations.

undieran: I'm sure there's a message in here somewhere, not sure I want to know what it is

The Merry said...

Hey TexNYQueen, I'll try the apples and black beans combo. Sounds like it could be tasty. I have to check in at Spark.

Hi Rebecca! I figure Fridays call for something special... like Hugh...

It's okay, Me, I've got the mop to clean up :)

BCB, yes, you are the reason I'm dieting and working out. You've got such a stick-thin figure, you're a thinspiration to us all.
Just like Hugh, though for entirely different reasons ;)

Crabby McSlacker said...

Okay, even I think Hugh looks pretty darn delicious, but sorry, I suspect he's probably low carb.

And I think you're being smart to not totally destroy your arms with the pushups! You'll get there eventually and in the meantime may want to be able to comb your hair occasionally.