Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday? Already?




Quote du jour:
Whenever I feel like exercising I lie down until the feeling passes. - Robert Hutchins

Race report du week: Yesterday's 10k was fun. And painful. I have to work on learning how to pace myself: went too fast at the beginning and ended up with shin pain so bad I limped over the finish line. But I finished with time to spare, so I'm happy. And tired.

I could've gone for the 2nd column of push ups, but I'm worn out from the 10k yesterday, so I want to take it easy.

Exercise du jour:
Week 5 of the (full) 100 push up challenge
Day 1
(60 seconds rest in between)
Set 1 - 17
Set 2 - 19
Set 3 - 15
Set 4 - 15
Set 5 - 20



Week 6 of the 200 sit ups challenge
(60 seconds rest in between)
Day 1
Set 1 - 38
Set 2 - 34
Set 3 - 30
Set 4 - 22
Set 5 - 60
Done. For what good it does. Hmph.
It's not that I'm feeling sore in mind and muscle and soul.


Okay, so it is exactly just that. But I'm going to blame the mood and the mental attitude and most of the physical pain on cramps. Which, sadly, is a quite applicable villain to use in this situation. Really, I don't know how men get by without this excuse perfectly reasonable reason for lack of good performance or appreciation of the performance.

2 comments:

C said...

Sorry to hear about the limping but CONGRATS on finishing!

Also, thanks for the warm welcome back. The answer to your question is yes. :)

Marste said...

Hooray for finishing! I'm super-impresed. I'm just trying to build up to a 5K. (Ok, I could walk a 5K, but I want to RUN it. The WHOLE THING. So I'm still working up to that.)

I've got to go back to doing sit-ups and push-ups, too. I've been neglecting everything but the treadmill lately. :P