Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My reputation is toast: I blame the 2 fit chicks and their microphone


Saturday, I spent the night at a hotel in Astoria (because the 10k preliminaries started early in the a.m. and it takes over 2 hours to get there from Portland). I have trouble getting to sleep, so I thought I'd listen to a podcast in bed while I was trying to unwind. Specifically, 2 Fit Chicks and a Microphone. Their latest podcast deals with running, which seemed an appropriate and safe topic.

Argh. It is totally Carla and Shauna's fault if my roommate thinks I'm a nut. I don't want to imagine what the poor woman thought I was doing, giggling in the dark in the next bed. But I couldn't help it. Those two are dangerous together -- funny and informative and then funny again. They should put a warning on their podcast so people know what they're getting in for. And so people can warn their roommates. That's only civil.

Exercise du jour:
Week 5 of the (full) 100 push up challenge
Day 2
(45 seconds rest in between)
Set 1 - 10
Set 2 - 10
Set 3 - 13
Set 4 - 13
Set 5 - 10
Set 6 - 10
Set 7 - 9
Set 8 - 25



Week 6 of the 200 sit ups challenge
(45 seconds rest in between)
Day 2
Set 1 - 21
Set 2 - 21
Set 3 - 23
Set 4 - 23
Set 5 - 21
Set 6 - 21
Set 7 - 15
Set 8 - 15
Set 9 - 66

Done. Finally. It's after 10 pm, but by gosh I did my exercise for the day and within about 20 minutes. So why don't I feel proud?

3 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Congrats on the successful bridge finish, and all those freakin' pushups!

And thanks for reminding me about the podcast, those two are so entertaining.

Marste said...

Oh, yeah. Thanks for the podcast reminder! I keep forgetting to add it to my queue . . .

Theresa said...

You should feel proud, because let's face it, the odds of getting anything exercise-wise done after 10pm is low. Very, very low. So well done!