Monday, February 09, 2009

The world's cutest camera-shy dog

This is a test of the Merry Broadcasting System.

I've never -- does it show? -- tried videotaping anyone before. Everyone tells me I'm too soft-spoken, but I never realized how soft my voice was until now.

Also, Tanji is perhaps not the best subject for a video interview -- she hates cameras. Beautiful dog, but you'll have to take my word for it. As soon as she sees a lens, the tail goes down, the ears go flat, and she gets this plaintive look in her eyes. Bad Merry, bad.



Note: I originally planned to shoot her wearing her half-knit sweater, but it kept falling off. I'll save that treat for a later date.

6 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Oh she is so adorable!!!

And you're right, she looks like she totally understands she's being filmed and is not pleased about it.

Love the way she wrinkles her brow when you ask her a question, like she's thinking about a response but then decides she'd only be misunderstood by the masses.

She's got the celebrity moves down already!

C said...

How cute is she!

Love the shades too. :)

BCB said...

"Why, granny, what big eyes you have!"

I'm pretty sure that silence was stunned disbelief that you implied she is not a wolf.

Love those eyes peeking above the glasses! What a sweetie.


fakee: see? blogger agrees

GatorPerson said...

Tanji is sure more settled than Mr. D! And suffers fools more gladly! Chuckle! Mr. D. would have eaten those glasses in a flash. Has Tanji been on a diet?

Keziah Fenton said...

Tanji would make a brilliant silent screen dog. She knows how to emote with her eyes. This might be my favourite online video. Give her a pet from me. She's the best german shepherd in the whole world. I never saw a single sheep loitering in your yard once.

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

I know a couple of German Shepherds that might take exception to Tanji being the best> German Shepherd unless your are referring to the best emoting German Shepherd.
Cute Merry. Loved the interview. When I was a reporter I had interviews like that. LOL