Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Ben Franklin approach to weight loss

Early to bed, early to rise
Your scale will show a pleasant surprise
- Ben Franklin (attributed)*

Late to bed, early to rise
Won't shed the fat off of these thighs.
- Merry

I know better, I do. I realize short-changing myself on sleep for this long is counterproductive as far as weight loss is concerned. Maybe I'll get laid off, or the company will fold, or the workload will lighten up and I can get some sleep.

Day 2, week 6 (at last!) of the push up challenge

set 1&2 14
set 3&4 15
set 5&6 14
set 7&8 10
set 9 max (at least 44)
Whew! Did it. Plus, 3 miles brisk walking. And now I'm off to sleep!

*Attributed in this case translates to totally-made-up-because-it-sounded-good

2 comments:

BCB said...

I left work early today so I could go home and take a nap. Okay, it was only 30 minutes. Still, it was early. Because I am sick. And I need rest. But did I sleep? No. I did not. And then one of my sisters called tonight and I talked too much. And now I sound like Marlo Thomas with a 3-pack-a-day habit. [cough, cough] Hear that? I'm sure talking to you now is only making it worse. [cough] I hope you appreciate my efforts to commiserate with you about your lack of rest.

mifistan: don't know where it is, but I'm sure we'll invade it eventually

The Merry said...

Mifistan? That's the land of the Miffed, of course. Silly BCB.

I'm surprised I haven't caught something. Maybe you took one (virus) for the team. Very kind of you. I do appreciate it. Please remember to cough to the east rather than the west. Thank you.