Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Tuesday do-over

All right. Maybe I'm not going to get exercise done every day. But I am going to try every day. If nothing else, I will strengthen the muscle of habit. (It's an analogy. Pretend it works, 'k?) I will not get discouraged if I don't succeed. I will reinforce my determination to get up and try again.
Today.
  • AM: Get up, back away from the desk, clean things. It doesn't matter what, so long as I move for 15 minutes -- away from my desk -done. Hated to come back :(
  • Noon: Get up, back away from the desk. Organize things. Again, it doesn't matter what, so long as I'm up and moving and not staring at work -fail. All I've done for hours is stare at my computer screen or deal with phone calls from irate clients. Argh.
  • PM: Get up, back away from the desk. This is the tricky one. I feel guilty leaving work. But I want to spend an hour doing yardwork, attacking blackberries, pulling weeds. Then tonight I will try that exercise DVD again. This time I will get SOMEthing done exercise wise. -Well, I did get SOME exercise done. After a 13-hour work day, I got 15 minutes of exercise. I'm calling that a win.

2 comments:

messymimi said...

You are right about that helping to make it a habit. Good luck!

solarity said...

Yes, habit-muscles are the best.

Mary Anne in Kentucky