Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday workout

“So your desire is to do nothing? Well, you shall not have a week, a day, an hour, free from oppression. You shall not be able to lift anything without agony. Every passing minute will make your muscles crack. What is feather to others will be a rock to you. The simplest things will become difficult. Life will become monstrous about you. To come, to go, to breathe, will be so many terrible tasks for you. Your lungs will feel like a hundred-pound weight.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

I put that quote up there to remind me not to slack off. Just try something different.
I finished the six week walking program. My usual pace is not noticeably faster, but when I put my mind to it I can move quickly, so I'm calling it a win. Last week, I tried an old DVD that I haven't looked at in a while, and found myself challenged by some of the floor exercises. So that's what I'm going to focus on this week: I am going to do this dang DVD three times this week. See what my body thinks of that.
  • AM: Get up, back away from the desk, clean things. It doesn't matter what, so long as I move for 15 minutes -- away from my desk-done
  • Noon: Get up, back away from the desk. Organize things. Again, it doesn't matter what, so long as I'm up and moving and not staring at work-done
  • PM: Get up, back away from the desk. This is the tricky one. I feel guilty leaving work. But I want to spend an hour doing yardwork, attacking blackberries, pulling weeds. Then tonight I will try that exercise DVD again.-fail. I had to choose between work and exercise. Argh!

3 comments:

messymimi said...

Hope the DVD helps. It's always good to get away from the desk for a few minutes.

crabby said...

I'm so impressed the way you're mixing it up!

And that has to be the most highbrow exercise motivational quote I've ever read. Victor Hugo, you classy gal! It's actually a pretty awesome warning against the tendency towards sloth, thanks for that!

The Merry said...

Yeah, we're classy 'round these parts :)
Thanks, Messymimi!