Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How a deer hunter decorates for Christmas

epic fail pictures
How a deer hunter decorates for Christmas

Quote du jour: Please don't ask me to do that which I've just said I'm not going to do, because you're burning up time. The meter is running through the sand on you, and I am now filibustering. - George H.W. Bush

No, don't ask me to explain that quote. For some reason, it fascinates me. It's like some kind of zen koan.

Exercise du jour: Well, I was going to go with dancing and yoga, but since I bailed on the C25k run yesterday, I'm going to do that instead. It's kind of like making a little kid eat her vegetables. Even If She Has to Sit At The Table All Night, they're still going to be there waiting for her.

Oh crap. I'm turning into my parents.

Done! And it was good. Got into a rhythm and felt like I could keep on going even after the podcast said 'walk.' (Mind you, that doesn't mean the next run, the 20 minute run, will feel the same. Past performance is no indication of future runs.) Even so, good run. Plus, half hour yoga.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Its inevitable. We all turn into our parents eventually.

The Merry said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Well, at least postponed exercise doesn't get increasingly more disgusting over time the way postponed vegetables do.

Good for you for keeping at it!

Dr. J said...

The old Pres. was probably distracted thinking about his incompetent namesake son, and wondering what will he ever do with his life. Fortunately, the American people solved that problem :-(

messymimi said...

Congratulations on the exercise!

As for us turning into our parents, Mark Twain said, "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years." This was from "Old Times on the Mississippi" in the Atlantic Monthly, 1874.