Monday, June 21, 2010

Today's the first day of bummer

Quote du jour: "People keep telling me I'm stupid. I think it's because I work for 76."
- A gas station attendant, overheard at the gas station as I was refueling the car. He was lighting a cigarette at the time.

Person I've managed to inadvertently piss off du jour: "You want to do what? Speak to Dr. Pucciarelli's assistant? Who are you, anyway?"
- The receptionist at my doctor's office, in a tone that made it clear she was working hard to keep from telling me to go to hell.

Please-tell-me-this-is-a-joke du jour: There's a Twilight Cookbook out? Dear lord. Suppose they have blood pudding as one of the recipes? Though I was moderately amused by an Amazon review, purportedly by the author, that took umbrage with another reviewer. "Your comments sound more like a jealous individual than a person that has actually purchased this book. Your recommendation to amazon that they not stock this book, sounds like sour grapes, which is not a recipe found in the book." Anyone who can do something like that to an innocent defenseless comma should be locked up in a room with some frustrated editors and a sharp-pointed red pen.

And it's not even a full moon. Only 'waxing gibbous.' I'm tempted to put my head under the covers and ignore life, but I still need to work some more tonight, plus fit in some kind of exercise. Jogging or cycling or banging my head against the wall.
There will be something. I have spoken.
Choosing to exercise is one way of proving to myself that I do have some control over this life-thing I'm going through.

Done! Yes, only did 20 minutes on the elliptical, but considering it took me until 11:30 to make it that far, I figure I done good. Or as good as I can get on a day like this one.

5 comments:

C said...

I'm so proud of you. I haven't done anything for a week and barely anything in the weeks before that and I feel like total sludge. Doesn't help that I've been eating horribly as well.

Keep up the good work. You're giving me ideas. :)

messymimi said...

Yes, you done good.

I'm glad my crew didn't get into Twilight. Pokemon, Digimon and Harry Potter were enough for any long-suffering mother to go through.

carpeviam said...

Oh god. A Twilight cookbook. Well, I guess I know what to get the BFF for Christmas. Thanks for the idea...I think.

Gina Fit by 41 Maybe 42 said...

Good job getting the exercise in. I bet you wish you had a punching bag with the receptionist's face on it.

Janice said...

Keep up the work. Every bit you do gets you one step closer to your goals.