Monday, January 24, 2011

Would you pay me to be awesome?



Quote du jour: Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
- Mark Twain

Monday? Already? Whose brilliant idea was that? I'd be tempted to go back to bed, but there's too much work to do. My vow for today is to get the run in no matter how much work lies in wait.


Site du jour: The Awesome Foundation. They give away money to encourage people to be more awesome. (I realize that some of you guys are awesome for free, but I'd definitely be more awesome if someone were paying me to be.)

Exercise du jour: Still need to do the 3.5 jog that I couldn't fit into the schedule on Friday.

Update du 10:12 pm: Look, the plain truth is that I'm hopeless. I only managed a 2 mile run on Friday, due to work constraints. Today, I didn't even have that excuse. It was beauuuutiful running weather outside today, and I kept putting it off because I had more work to do. Like the work couldn't have waited until after the run?
I thought I'd have time to do the run tonight, not knowing that the Max would decide to have emotional problems tonight. In other words, I got home over an hour later than scheduled and didn't have time to run. Does it help that I walked 4 miles? No, I thought not.
On the plus side, I did spend so much time at the Max station that the guy sitting next to me started mentioning my sparkling eyes and bubbling personality... does that mean I resemble a bottle of champagne? I would have been more impressed if he hadn't mentioned his several ex-wives. I mean, one ex-wife is a tragedy, but several ex-wives looks like carelessness.
To quote Scarlett O'Hara, "@#$!"*

*[That's also been translated as "Tomorrow is another day." Today, I prefer my version.]

Photo courtesy of Tableatny.

7 comments:

C said...

I don't think it's possible to be more awesome than I am right now.

Not really.

I'd totally crank it up to 11 if I were getting paid though. :)

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Paid to be awesome? that's awesome!

Lu @ Done Dieting said...

I would try harder to be awesome if someone paid me. Right now I can't promise for being more than cool mediocrity. Now, for money, I'd kick it up a notch. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

messymimi said...

My life is built around boring. Any money in being boring?

Thought not.

Enjoy the run.

LMI said...

I love that quote--hope you enjoyed your run!

Cat said...

Hmm. Paid to be awesome. I don't think I would make my pay grade today, I think I am going to get out of "groggy awareness" by midday. I think it would be a real stretch to make it up to Awesome level even by evening...

Cat

Fran Hill said...

'Only' a two mile run? 'Only'????

On Sunday, I walked upstairs a couple of times to fetch something. That was it. And you're saying 'only' two miles.