Friday, July 09, 2010

It's too hot to think up a title... just pretend I put up something clever, okay?

Failed at yesterday's exercise. Times like this I think I should give in and find an air-conditioned gym to exercise in.

The trouble with a heat wave is that it requires you to be more organized. You can't put off morning exercise because it gets too hot later on. And if people unexpectedly drop by in the evening, then you're out of luck and have to post on your blog that you're a failure and a bum and a horrible person and... well, okay, enough self-flagellation for the moment.

Maybe if I throw in a picture of a hot guy in a cool ocean, it'll distract people from thinking what a sad loser of a non-exercising fool I am...


Trying again.

Exercise du jour: Jog 2 miles.
There. That's a low enough goal.
Done! DANG but it's hot out. The thermometer only says 80s, but my internal temperature gauge swears it's a lot hotter than that. But it's done.




Photo courtesy Barbara Doduk

8 comments:

C said...

*drool*

I'm on day 10 or something of not exercising. There's always a worse slacker, Merry. And that slacker is me.

The Merry said...

Oh Xenia, you are my hero! :)

LaShaune said...

There's a saying that each day is a new day, don't dwell on the past - or something to that effect (or is that affect)...

Anyhoo..it's hot like Daniel Craig, so don't beat yourself up too badly. You could lift weights on the days you don't get a real cardio workout in . Just a thought.

messymimi said...

You are a success because you get up more times than you fall down.

See you on the jogging path.

marie said...

Oh, hi :)

carpeviam said...

I'm sorry...were you saying something about exercising?

Cat said...

I'm with messymimi, you did SOMETHING. This weather is not conducive to anything, we Northwesterners are not meant to parboil... I felt good that I got any exercise in at all, so just be good to you that you made the effort!

Purr,
Cat

janice said...

I have been hit with a bout of kidney infection. BLAH! I haven't gotten out of bed much less done any exercising. When I did get out of bed, I complained about it.

Here's to wishing someone would just bring me a Immune Booster Smoothie. They always make my kidneys feel better.