Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Trying again...

A Witch turned me into a Newt!  ... and I haven't got better...





Quote du jour: I always wanted a happy ending... now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity.
-- Gilda Radner

Site du jour: Who knew rescuing a pet was so hard these days? I can understand rescue organizations being picky, but this is a bit extreme.Not good enough to adopt a pet?


Updated link: HERE

Exercise du jour: Again, the goal is to take a lunch break, back away from the keyboard and walk. No one is forcing me to do that to myself. I will take a break! I have spoken.
Done! I didn't wanna do it -- not for any good reason, I just didn't wanna. But I did it anyway. Do that enough times and I'll have a habit.

Posted from DPad on my iPad

5 comments:

EcoCatLady said...

What an amazing quote from Gilda Radner. Our world is so much poorer for having lost her.

EcoCatLady said...

p.s. Apparently I'm not even good enough to read the article about not being good enough to adopt a pet! It says it's not compatible with my browser... Chrome... what?!?

Anyhow, in my experience, if you want a cat, put a bowl of food out on your front porch, and in a few days, you'll have a cat!

messymimi said...

Same with me, the site won't let me on, Firefox is not compatible either.

As for adopting, there are time when we have to tell people with small kids that it isn't a great idea to adopt a particular animal that is scared of kids, or whatever. But to dismiss people out of hand is not in anyone's best interest.

Hope you got the walk in.

The Merry said...

Argh! The link was for mobile devices. That's annoying.
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/heavy_petting/2012/01/animal_rescue_want_to_adopt_a_dog_or_cat_prepare_for_an_inquisition_.html

One of the reasons people couldn't adopt a pet include the fact that the person had a full time job. I could see that being an issue for some dogs, but not all. When I adopted my dog, I asked the rescue about that, leaving the dog alone when I was at work. They said it was better than leaving the dog at the pound.

Debbi said...

I love the Newt poster. God help us all if he ever becomes President.