Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wait a minute... who turned the lights back on?

Whew! It's bright in here now.
Must be time for a spring cleaning, or something like that.
(It's warm enough for a spring cleaning... the weathermen were all warning about a huge storm, 'Snowmagedden' approaching. Turns out to be more like 'Slushmagedden.')

I've been good, and I've been bad, but mostly I've been tired.
My immediate goal for the week is simply to get to sleep before midnight, so I can get up before I have to already be at work, so that I can get to work at an early enough hour that I can leave at a decent hour so that I can get home in time to get to sleep before midnight so that I can...

Oi vey maria. Enough already. I'd like the universe to send me a job that doesn't involve spending 3+ hours a day commuting. Preferably one that includes a respectable salary, positive co-workers, interesting-but-not-extremely-stressful work. Also, I'd like the workplace to be populated with single, straight Hugh Jackman lookalikes. (I thought I'd throw that in. You never know.)

4 comments:

Skye said...

From your mouth to the Universe's ear! And I'd like that, too. Well, my commute is bad and the money could be better, but the coworkers are nice. No single guys my age, altho the owner's hubby (who also works there) is HOT. But it's not the same. :)

messymimi said...

Good to hear from you again.

It never hurts to ask, does it?

EcoCatLady said...

Rushing to get to bed so you can sleep enough to get up, so you can get to work on time, so you can leave early enough so that you can go to bed early enough.... Oy vey!!! I remember those days, and I only had a 10 minute commute!

I really don't know how people do it. I finally came to the conclusion that working full time was just not sustainable for me. I vastly prefer being self employed and broke! Hugh Jackman lookalikes notwithstanding... :~)

The Merry said...

Skye, single /straight/ guys. Gotta be specific or the Universe will have fun with you. (Just our luck: a universe with a sense of humor.)

Hi MessyM!

EcoCL, coincidentally, I found my copy of YMOYL at the bottom of my very large purse this morning. Gonna finish it this time!