Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vacuuming the dog, and other brilliant ideas

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

It's true. I spend so much time cleaning up all the fur that she sheds (and she sheds mass quantities every day) that I finally cut out the middle part and started vacuuming the dog directly. She wasn't thrilled with the idea (I got the "sad" look) but she didn't try to run away.

No, don't call PETA. Her ladyship is a dog with chronic allergies, who spends most of her waking hours scratching her fur off. Since it's winter right now, she spends the rest of the time shivering and growing the fur back. It's a never ending cycle.

What does any of that have to do with exercise and fitness and cute quotes? Absolutely zilch. I was just using this space to vent.

Site du jour: Bug me not. Sometimes you really want to check out an interesting site, but you don't want to hassle with registering and logging in. Bug me not has shared logins for popular free sites that require login.

Another Weight Watchers meeting tonight -- my 8th week. I will show signs of progress. Or else, damn it.

Exercise du jour: Week 8 Day 2 of the C25k: 28 minutes jogging.
It's funny -- the first two minutes, I ALWAYS think that I'm going to have to give up, I'll never make it. Then, if I keep going past five minutes, the body seems to get the hang of the idea, and I can go on. I took it slow, to avoid tendon problems. So long as I go at an "I'm not proud" speed, no probs. And next week, maybe, I'll up the pace. Plus walking.

5 comments:

C said...

I considered vacuuming the cat but realized it would not end well for me.

Thanks for that link. Now I won't have another login to forget.

messymimi said...

You have my sympathy on the fur everywhere. We have 5 cats and foster for a cat rescue. I sweep up enough fur every week to knit myself another litter of kittens, if I ever needed them ...

I also thank you for the link.

Tricia said...

I too have a pet that sheds all over the house. :(

....Please don't tell my hubby I referred to him as my "pet"......

The Merry said...

*snort*
Tricia, your secret is safe with me :)

MessyM, five cats /and/ fostering? I'm impressed!

Xenia, yeah, vacuuming a cat is a wee bit more adventurous. I'm lucky my dog is so understanding. (She thinks I'm nuts, but she's understanding about it. So long as she gets fed.)

solarity said...

I started vacuuming my current dog shortly after I got him eight years ago. He bugged me while I vacuumed, getting in my way, so I said "If you like this so much..." and ran the vacuum over his back. He loved it. Ahh! Scratchy thing! So it was his idea, but I'm ever so grateful for the reduction in undercoat.

Mary Anne in Kentucky