Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ahead of the curve, for once

EPIPHANY

I got the messy hair already! Score!


A lot of new people have been coming to the Weight Watchers meetings these past two weeks. Be interesting to see if they're still coming after a couple months.

I'm glad I started going to Weight Watchers when I did. Starting at the New Year makes starting a change seem that much more Significant. I kind of slipped in, surreptitious-like, and eased into the program without any great expectations of grand and dramatic weight loss. Which is just as well, because I've been taking the incrementally slow & steady route instead.

Although, if they all start losing 20 pounds in a week, I might have to spike their diet sodas with sugar.


Exercise du jour: Week 8 Day 3 of the C25k. 28 minutes jogging.
Done! Went slowly again, to avoid leg pain. You know what? I was impatient with going so slowly. I actually wanted to go at a faster pace. Yes, me. You read that right. Very strange.

5 comments:

Gigi said...

There's nothing like a good jump start that helps make you feel like the leader of the pack. Nice going.

Anonymous said...

I'm just starting my weight-loss journey. Thought about Weight Watchers, but I'm starting out with a food journal and bike rides.

messymimi said...

I've noticed that when I wait for a significant time or event to start the "next big thing" in any area of my life, I set myself up for disappointment.

If I just jump in, I start to feel better and get more accomplished, no matter if it is weight goals or organization goals or any others.

This proves that the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best is right now.

Dr. J said...

I'm with you with the messy hair
:-)

The Merry said...

Yeah, but Dr J, on you it looks good!

MessyM, I should go plant a tree?

April, a food journal and bike rides sound like a great way to get fit!

Thanks Gigi!