Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Socialize while tracking exercise

I Got It!
see more deMotivational Posters

Site du jour: Here's a site that you can use to track your exercise mileage. People (like Heather at Leading the Weigh) use it to challenge their friends to meet specific exercise goals.

Are there any other good sites that you use to track your exercise or diet goals? (Enquiring... i.e. nosy... minds want to know!)

Exercise du jour: Week 7 Day 2 of the C25k
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 25 minutes. Plus, 1/2 hour yoga.
Done! A verrrry slow 25 minutes. In the rain. Jogged home from the Weight Watchers meeting; I am now a soggy sight indeed. But I lost the three (count 'em, three) pounds that I'd gained last week, and almost a whole pound more (.8). Better soggy than sorry. Does that make any sense? No, probably not. Time for a hot bath.

8 comments:

Theresa said...

I use fitday.com to track food and some activity, and mapmyrun.com to track miles I have run and walked.

I briefly looked into sparkpeople, but I was overwhelmed a bit, and couldn't easily figure out how to calculate my walking/running amounts. On fitday, I can just say a 25 minute brisk walk. On sparkpeople they wanted me to figure out miles per hour, and in general had fewer categories. And I couldn't easily enter a medium egg omelet for food. :p

I do however like the recipe nutrition calculator they have on sparkpeople. Very handy, and you don't need an account to use it.

Amy - the gazelle said...

I use mapmyrun, but have been looking at switching to daily mile. I like both!

LaShaune said...

In the past, I used Calorie Count (http://caloriecount.about.com/) and really liked it. It's simple and graphs your nutrients as well as fitness and weight.

I've been using SparkPeople for a hot minute and it's ok - it's Facebook for workout nuts. The articles and some of the exercise moves I like.

messymimi said...

I have enough trouble finding the time to exercise, teach, meditate, do housework and cooking and everything I want to do online. Finding the time to get online more and figure out what I have done or keep track of it would mean I really would need a 36 hour day.

Dr. J said...

Hey Merry! I didn't realize you had done the 5K. That's great, and you've learned a lot too I bet! I know I give plenty of advice, but for what it's worth, most of it is based on personal experience. I guess I feel like a "parent" who doesn't want their kids to go through what they did :-)

Tricia said...

I just started using dailymile.

Shelley said...

Congrats on the loss AND for jogging home from the meeting...now that's dedication!

Merry said...

Or insanity? ;)