Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Week 5, Day 2 of the C25k

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

Quote du jour: Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. --William Faulkner

Exercise du jour: C25k Week 5 day 2

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
  • Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)

Semi-fail. Still wobbly from the food poisoning, so did yoga instead of running. On the other hand, Weight Watchers told me that I lost 3-1/2 pounds this week, so I can't call this a total fail.
Except that Weight Watchers e-Tools just told me that now I have one less point to spend. Damn. I'm feeling hungry for the first time in three days -- this is
not the moment to tell me that!

4 comments:

RockStarTri said...

Sometimes when I race I use the mindset of bear running: as long as there is someone behind you, you are doing fine.

Good picture.

messymimi said...

You are becoming your own best self, Merry, and striving for your own best life.

These are good things.

Debra said...

That's what I need.. a big fat hungry bear to chase me.

McB said...

Love the Faulkner quote!