Friday, January 01, 2010

2010: off to a running start


Quote du jour: The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. —John Bingham

Off to the Portland First Run 5k 2010. Thankfully, the snow and ice are gone from downtown Portland though not from my house. It should be around 40, which is pretty warm for New Year's. A good sign, mehopes.


Exercise du jour: Week 6, day 3, C25k. Run for 25 minutes straight. Maybe a bit more, if I get caught up in the excitement of my first 5k. I'm going to take Dr. J's advice of starting slow, and ... we'll see what happens.

[Merry stumbles out of bed, eyes half-closed, grabs a gold star, and tacks it up on the blog. Then heads back to bed.]

Didn't do that great, but it's done. And next time will be better. And I lost 1/2 a pound somewhere along the route. And I'm going back to bed.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Merry, Merry! Did you survive?

Tricia said...

(Im)patiently waiting results....

:)

McB said...

And???

Gigi said...

How did you do? Or should we start calling around to area hospitals?

messymimi said...

Be proud. You accomplished what you set out to do, maybe not perfectly, but done. Done is better than perfect anyway, and easier to maintain.

Good job.

Shelley said...

Can't wait to hear all about the race - and woot woot to losing half a pound!!!

BCB said...

You did it? Really truly? Wow, you finally have flipped.

No, wait. I meant to say: YAY!! Huge congrats!

Will look forward to hearing details once you've regained your sanity. Er, caught your breath.

nonsi: don't pay any attention to blogger; it's jealous