Saturday, November 17, 2007

To sleep, perchance to dream... maybe not

I really wish I had a more cooperative subconscious. I've had house buying on my mind for so long that I've taken to dreaming about houses.



You'd think, given the myriad wonderful places out there, I'd dream about looking at beautiful palaces.

Instead, my dreams have me going to look at houses that look this:
Deputy Dog put up a post on his strange and wonderful blog about fancy dog houses . I found myself looking to see if any had a "for sale" sign in front of them. I mean, I'm sure some of the houses I've looked at are about the same size. Not nearly as nice though.

What, do I sound cranky? I woke up at 1 this morning and haven't been able to get back to sleep since. Damn right I'm cranky. Or at least ornery.

___________________________________________________

Ran 1 minute jog/1 minute walk, 12 times.
Note: average heart rate definitely lower than two weeks ago when I ran 1 minute, walked 2 minutes 11 times. Either I'm learning to pace myself, or my stamina is improving.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I've very excited about you getting one of my upcoming postcards.

That's all I've got to say about that.

The Merry said...

I love your postcards! And I admire your timing. I was taking life waaay too seriously.

Theresa said...

Or maybe both. But whichever, way to go Mary!

Crabby McSlacker said...

So I just wrote a long comment describing the fascinating (to me) dreams I have about houses. Then common sense returned and I realized how boring they would be to anyone else. Deletion of several paragraphs followed.

So I'll just leave it at: I can relate.

(By the way, you totally cracked me up with your last comment at my place on the teen sex thing, but I was running behind and didn't want to single you out for special acclaim while ignoring others. So I thought I'd sneak over here and do it.)