Monday, November 12, 2007

A promissory quote

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them. - George Bernard Shaw

In other words, I will run tomorrow. I was thrown off by the wind storm -- I object to running, in the dark and in a high wind, on a jogging trail that has 60-foot trees and always ends up littered with trip-happy branches.Tomorrow, if it's stormy, I will damn well do the pre-dawn run in the apartment complex's gym. There. I've put it in writing.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Go, Mary! You can do it!

And I really like your tree picture.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Now, that's determination!

Diana Swallow said...

YAY you can do this...and dodging falling trees isn't a good form of exercise! Jog in the gym for sure!

The Merry said...

The tree picture is a shot of the park right next to my townhouse. It is quite nice... except during a wind storm.

I really should give a gold star to whoever cleans up the jogging trail in my local park. The leaves and branches were all neatly off to one side, leaving a clear dry path to run on.

Keziah Fenton said...

Yay!! Mary!! You kept to your plan. I'm going for a brisk walk tomorrow(Wednesday) It's bright and sunny and warm here today in Niagara but I didn't leave enough time after my chores for the walk before work. I hope it's nice tomorrow. Nothing like stating it in public to subdue the Inner Slug, huh?

Heather said...

That is a fantastic quote! LOVE it.

Now Im going to hold you to that, you better be running today!