Friday, September 23, 2011

A week of weird and whacky whys & wherefores



Quote du jour:
Oh, do not ask 'what is it?'
Let us go and make our visit.
- T.S. Eliot

Things I have broken this week:
1 laptop
1 treadmill
1 Mustang with only 10,000 miles on it

Number of miles driven in the Mustang before it freaked out:
1302

Number of miles crawled in after the Mustang got fussy:
2.76 (at 10 miles an hour)

Number of mothers who forgot to call the doctor back and tell him that she felt better, thus causing the police to come by to check on her while I was in the pool: 1

Number of cups of spinach said mother insisted I should eat during my visit: 13

Number of pounds lost: 3

Hmmn... maybe that balances things out.

Exercise du jour: cycling, walking, ellipticalling. Spent 11 hours sitting in the car yesterday, so I have some work to do today.


Magnificently attitudinal beast (and actor) courtesy of Edison618.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Three pounds!!! Woo-whee, girl.

julia said...

A Mustang? You broke a horse?

The Merry said...

Neigh!

messymimi said...

3 pounds is great. Hope the Mustang is under warranty.

The Merry said...

Presumably it is. I figure I'll let Avis worry about that part.