Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Arrrrrrrch

I hate the iPad's autocorrect feature.

Damn thing doesn't want me to write "Argh" for any reason. Keeps being Helpful and changing it to "Arch."

I don't want to express being "playfully or affectedly roguish or mischievous" -- I am trying to express frustration. The iPad is thwarting me, thus increasing the very quality I am trying to express.

Arch.
Arch.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrch!

For some reason, my sleep patterns are screwed beyond comprehension. Went to sleep at 2 (in the a.m.), wide awake at 4 (still in the a.m.). Finally got to sleep at 6 and slept until noon. Arch.

Exercise du jour: A late start, but I'm going for the three hours anyway.
1 hour elliptical gardening




1 hour more gardening





1 hour elliptical
Done! Feels good to do something cardio-related again. (Gardening is exercise; it does burn calories; it does look a lot better when you're done. But for raising a sweat, give me that elliptical ever time. And an ice pack afterward, of course.)

16 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

Arch, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrch indeed!

The Merry said...

You too, I.S.? It's like Politically Correct, only more annoying.

Amanda said...

Autocorrect is my nemesis. That's a huge reason why I rarely type anything for public consumption on my iPad.

Shelley said...

Autocorrect makes me laugh. My phone did it to me tonight - I was trying to say "cool mo dee" to my husband (something stupid we say to each other) and it kept changing it to "cool month dee" which makes no sense at all. Arch!!!

The Merry said...

But it didn't have a problem with dee? Interesting. There must be some way to program these suckers with a personalized dictionary. If even MS Word can do that, every app should be able to do it.

One Crazy Penguin said...

I freaking hate auto correct. My phone apparently doesn't approve of any kind of cursing. The new words it comes up with though are definitely....inventive.

The Merry said...

The penguin's back!

SP said...

So glad I've found ypur lovely blog.

I'm going to get off my lazy ar$e and get some exercise too.

SP

Miz said...

reason number 32948374 why Im not an apple fan :)

messymimi said...

Sad when the machine thinks it's smarter than we are, and knows what we want better than we do.

Thus, i'm first cousin to a Luddite. Give me a typewriter.

The Merry said...

Well, so long as it's a manual typewriter.

I made a joking remark to someone that my cell phone was so old it was rotary dial. "What's that?" he said.

McB said...

I think we were a kinder, gentler world back when you had to go shooop! tick tick tick tick tick! The world went to heck about the same time they took away all the clicks, pops, and whirrrrrs. I'm sure it's not a coincidence.

McB said...

http://youtu.be/TxeIHcvPmtA

so it can now go through your head, too.

McB said...

Let me try this again ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxeIHcvPmtA

The Merry said...

Arch! Earworm!

London Mabel said...

I just got an ipad, and after a few days I turned off all the auto writing features, they were making me nuts! The only thing I left is where it makes the first letter of a new sentence a capital letter.