Friday, December 17, 2010

'Tis the seasonings

What, your family doesn't get dressed up a bit at Christmas?


Quote du jour:
In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukkah' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukkah!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!'
--Dave Barry


Not sure how I'm going to survive Christmas with the family. Meal-wise, I mean. Oh, okay, maybe old frictions too, but mostly meals. Turkey and pecan pie and stuffing and mince pie and rolls and pumpkin pie and ... okay, you're getting the picture.

All the more reason to work out while I can.

Exercise du jour: Week 8 of the c25k

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes).
Done! It was a bad run, but I felt good about it. I know that doesn't make any kind of sense. Thanks to the cramps, I couldn't eat anything all day. Went out to run anyway, but I had to take walk breaks whenever I got too dizzy and light-headed. I was a couple minutes slower than last time, but I still felt good about getting the run done. Also, walked to the Max and back.

HBBC: 7 (4-1/4 miles walked, 2-3/4 miles jog/walked)

No, this is not an actual picture of my family at Christmas. This is from Santa's Little Helper Match.

7 comments:

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

I'm having the same worries about Christmas with my family. All of the worries. You're not alone.

Nitmos said...

Tag me! I can take the lady in green. Maybe not the lady in red though.

Andrew Opala said...

Week 8 already!

awesome ... that's 8 weeks of success! Keep it up.

azusmom said...

A little bit of everything, and then a nice walk?
Regardless, I hope you have a GREAT holiday!!!!

messymimi said...

Take a leaf from MizFit's book and ditch the guilt for the holidays.


As for family frictions, repeat after me, "Well, that's something for me to think about." Works for almost any comment.

"I think the President is a _______."
"Well, that's something for me to think about."

"Mom always loved you best!"
"Well, that's something for me to think about."

Good luck. To all of us.

C said...

If it's any consolation, I'm not doing well at all on the eating front. I've only been here two days and I think I've ingested more sugary goodness in that time than in the last four weeks. I'm gonna need a miracle to get through this without breaking the scale.

Anonymous said...

Can you get out for a walk like Azusmom suggested? Or a wander maybe? Might help in both situations.
Me? I'm just gonna show up late. With To Go containers.
Julie