Friday, December 10, 2010

Run, Merry, Run

Quote du jour:You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working; in just the same way, you learn to love by loving.
- Anatole France

It's odd, but I don't feel like a runner. I've been doing this for a long while, but I still feel like a beginner. Every day, I'm starting all over again.

Exercise du jour: Week 7 of the C25k.
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes).
Done! Wow, this couldn't have been more different than the last time. I got into a rhythm and never needed to stop. I could've kept going more than 2.5 miles, no problem. It felt like I could've gone on forever. What a difference a couple days (of rest and no restriction of calories) makes.


HBBC: 5 (walked 1-1/2 miles, jogged 2-1/2 miles, plus ate my veggies)


Photo courtesy of Jacopo Werther.

9 comments:

C said...

You and running are like peas and carrots. :)

Happy weekend, Merry.

LaShaune said...

I never liked peas and carrots growing up, but as an adult I can tolerate it.

Kinda like running.

The Merry said...

Peas and carrots? Healthy and colorful? :)

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

If you've made it this far in C25K you are a runner. :)

messymimi said...

Like how I feel about a good many things in my life. I agree, though, that you are a runner.

Losing 100 said...

I love that quote! It reminds me of that one that says,"If you always do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten."

Kathy said...

Fantastic quote, needed this reminder!! Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

This is like The Wizard of Oz. You just need someone to give you a medal. Or a trophy. Some outward expression, a tangible thing that acknowledges the truth of what you've already accomplished.

Um, sorry, I'm fresh out of medals. Will this work?

**Merry, you are a runner.**

Among other things.

The Merry said...

Oooh, a mantra? All for me? And it's so shiny and sparkly and... bold!
Very nice :)