Thursday, December 02, 2010

Survived week 5 of the 200 Squat Challenge

Cinderella: Better In Reverse
see more Lol Celebs

Quote du jour:
Plant your own garden
and cultivate your soul
instead of waiting for someone
to bring you flowers.

- Veronica Shankill

During the 30-day purge, I used to grab a box of paperwork that I had to go through, take it to the living room, and watch a DVD while I purged. Made the drudgery marginally less drudgy. (Only marginally. Especially after the 20th box.)

I ended up watching a lot of Buffy videos (catching up on all the episodes I missed, which is most of them). So I've been receiving a lot of visual messages of women and empowerment. Maybe the squats will help me kick my own ass. Buffy probably did lots of squats.


Exercise du jour 200 Squat challenge, week 5
16
16
20
20
16
16
13
max (at least 40)
Done! Weirdly, that was easier than Tuesday's stint, even though it was about 20 more squats. Plus, did yoga and elliptical (gotta get those HBBC points in somehow).

HBBC:
5

6 comments:

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

That picture is so hilarious I had to post it on FB and email to family. LOL

Great job on the squats. Buffy the Squatslayer

The Merry said...

Well, I didn't take it seriously either, but apparently a lot of people did. If you click on the picture, there are a lot of comments on the LOL site by people who say it's sexist and setting back the cause of feminism and probably causing Global Warming as well.

JavaChick said...

I like to channel Buffy when I'm working out. Pretend I'm all bad-ass. Pretend being the operative word.

messymimi said...

Good work on the squats.

Lu said...

I thought that picture was hilarious. Almost pee in my pants funny. Then again I'm a bad feminist, and by the peeing comment I'm evidently not very ladylike either.

One Crazy Penguin said...

That picture actually made me start cracking up. Too funny!

Rock those squats out! Soon you'll be kicking ass with Buffy :)