Thursday, April 22, 2010

Something to add to my resume

Sometimes my job can get bizarre to the point of surreal.

I think it might be because so many people are working so much overtime that they're starting to get a little crazy.

At least, that is the only explanation I can come up with for why I spent part of a meeting today demonstrating how to make a shadow puppet silhouette of a buck-toothed bunny. Turns out that's a skill that not everyone possesses.

Exercise du jour: Another two miles walking. Hell, it's exercise. I don't care what I do so long as I move. Preferably in a direction away from work.*
Done!



[Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons]

*Oh all right. I know I keep whining about work, but it's going to get better soon. I'm just grumpy because I'll have to work another weekend. That makes two full months without a day off.

6 comments:

AM! said...

good lord gal, what's your job? are you a kinder teacher??

and sorry you have to work for 2 full months w/out day off. yuck!!

C said...

That's not right. Seriously. Where my mom works they have a policy that you cannot work more than 13 days in a row before having a day off. Granted she'll often only end up with two days off a month, but those days are needed and beyond essential. Can you unionize? Taji would be an awesome protester. Just look at that face.

messymimi said...

Two months? Incredible.

Glad you got the exercise, and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the homes of your bosses.

Theresa said...

Considering how they've managed to chain you to your desk for the past two months, yes, getting out to walk and move is a huge accomplishment!!

I really hope that you're paid overtime, or at least given some comp time.

Amy said...

i didn't know prison lumberjacks had meetings. or comp time. hmm.

VRaz60 said...

I think if I had to work as long and as hard as you do, my walks would be more like "stomps". I'd take my aggression out on my feet. Hope it eases up for you SOON.