Monday, April 12, 2010

"And that's when I shot him, your honor..."

Turns out I do have a backbone after all.

Friday I worked from ten in the morning until 5 the next morning so that I could get a friggin' manual out that people really, really wanted.

Saturday I slacked off, only working a couple hours. It wasn't until Sunday that I put in another decent day's work.

I was tired -- burnt out -- but I felt that at least I'd earned the right to take it easy at work on Monday.

So I felt pretty darn relaxed when I walked into the office Monday morning. Where I was told that I would have to do all the work over again.

Exercise du jour: Walked 2-1/2 miles.

10 comments:

Roxie said...

Oh, man. That is harsh. Hope you are doing okay....

The Merry said...

Surprisingly, I'm doing fine. Instead of keeping the frustration pent up, as I usually do, I stood up to the demanders.

LaShaune said...

Good for you. I'm glad you stood your ground.

Marste said...

NOOOOOOO!! Oh my God, how frustrating. But I'm glad you stood up for yourself!

Theresa said...

You have got to be kidding!! Except I know that you aren't. Grrr, a pox on them! Whoever "them" is.

Enjoy your walk, and congrats for standing up for yourself!

josie said...

Wow, how frustrating for sure.

Hope you enjoyed your walk.

McB said...

Oh. Do you need assistance in diposing of the bodies?

suptidd (I don't think it requires much imagination to get this word)

Larkspur said...

Oh NO! Wish this were an April Fool's, like when my friend's 15 year old announced she was pregnant. (Not true, thank God).

Shelley said...

Oh my god...I hate your job.

messymimi said...

I'll testify on your behalf.