Friday, April 30, 2010

I want YOU to exercise


Quote du jour: Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

Walked five miles yesterday, alas rainbow-less. (How easily we become spoiled.)

Today, going for another five miles.
Done!



Yeah, I know. This is boring. No excitement here. Nothing to see, move it along.
All the same, dull as walking sounds, it feels really, really satisfying to be able to make one positive choice about my life. I choose exercise and healthy eating.

Site du jour: I don't usually dwell on the negative, but I enjoyed this blog, Hello Kitty Hell, which is devoted to describing all the different HK objects that are out in the universe. Did you know there are whole houses built around Hello Kitty themes? There's a Hello Kitty assault rifle! Geez. Makes walking in the rain, dull or not, seem a lot more wholesome.



10 comments:

C said...

Five miles is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Also, recent pics of The Butler:
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/04/29/gerard-butler-coriolanus/

He's a man-whore, but he's lookin' good.

marie said...

I want HIM to exercise with me.

And I'm in the dull boat too.

Theresa said...

Personally, I wish I'd gone for a 5 mile walk rather than go the "beginners" yoga class that I went to on Wednesday, which kicked my behind and gave me killer migraine.

I'm sorry, am I supposed to talk about you on your blog. :)

The Merry said...

Since when? Talk about anything you like!

VRaz60 said...

Ahhhh, if Gerard Butler was on the recruiting poster I'd have signed up immediately.

5 miles is awesome. Boring is not really a bad thing.

messymimi said...

Five miles is nothing to sneeze at. It is good, wholesome, positive activity that gets you away from your office from Hades.

Be proud.

Tricia said...

I've been doing a lot of walking myself lately. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Larkspur said...

A 5 mile walk is impressive, not boring.

My, you have good taste in hunks.

Lindsay said...

5 miles is awesome!!! good job way to go :) 5 miles is 5 miles!

Amy said...

i didn't know i needed an assault rifle til I found a hello kitty one. look out trespassers!