Monday, April 19, 2010

Moanday

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


Quote du jour: Exercise alone provides psychological and physical benefits. However, if you also adopt a strategy that engages your mind while you exercise, you can get a whole host of psychological benefits fairly quickly. - Dr. James Rippe

Okay. I'll find something to think about. How 'bout this? An article in the NY Times on exercise and how rats behaved when they fell off the wagon. "Although the treadmill exercisers regained some weight, their relapses were not as extreme."

Site du jour: I do like this new-and-improved pain chart from Hyberbole and a half. "Huh. I never knew that about giraffes."

Exercise du jour: Well, hell. If a relapsing rat can get back into walking, so can I.

4 comments:

messymimi said...

I have more faith in you than in any rat.

Thanks for the link.

solarity said...

Rats are pretty faithless.
Walking is the best, and as soon as the pollen subsides I'll be back at it. The exercise bike is Not The Same Thing.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Theresa said...

You can do it Merry!

(Says the person who totally didn't achieve any of her exercise goals last week.)

Crabby McSlacker said...

I have faith in you--go Merry! Although I believe the "thinking while exercising" notion is highly overrated. I prefer mindless music myself.

And that pain chart post is totally hilarious; thanks for that!