Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weight Loss through Brain Washing


Depressing: to come across a spreadsheet from last year and recall that I'd lost weight then too. And then gained it back again. I let myself get fat when I wasn't looking.

Well, screw that. I'll just let myself get thin while I'm paying attention to other things, like the exercise du jour.

Anti-depressing: to realize that before the March Madness work overload, I went below the lowest low of last year. Maybe I'm getting better with practice. Sure hope so.

I look at the posts from January and February, and I marvel at how focused I was on exercising and eating right. That Merry was in many ways a different person from the one typing these words. A thinner one, for instance.

The first step now is to get my mind back into the Do Good mindset. I'm going to go back and read all those diet&nutrition books that I read before. My taste buds are currently on the fast&fattening setting. Taste bud settings can be influenced by the brain. Eventually.

If I read book after book after book about how good vegetables are for me, the mind will get the picture, and pass the message along to the taste buds. Not quickly, but it will happen. Eventually.

Exercise du jour: I promised a friend that I'd return her Billy What's-his-name Tae Bo DVD on Monday. Which means I need to try it out.

Note: Picture originally published on CrankyFitness.com. Used by permission. (Well, I gave myself permission to use it 'cause I made it in the first place. But anyone else should check with Crabby McSlacker first.)

3 comments:

messymimi said...

Practice does help.

I've lost and regained so many times I lost count, but the practice seems to have paid off. I've kept it off for 3 years now.

Keep saying to yourself, this is the time that it will stick.

Also, yes to veggies, lots of them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shelley said...

Funny, I was just thinking to myself that I needed to go back to my blog and read what I was eating a year ago to see if I could start losing some weight again. I guess practice will make perfect, someday...right?