Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ornish: day 5

funny dog pictures-NOM!!!!  no, just a leef
see more dog and puppy pictures

Quote du jour:
What makes the quick fix so seductive and addictive is that the relief seems so real. When we believe that relief in the short run comes from that which helps to destroy us in the long run, then we have a problem.
- Dean Ornish
Goal for the day: Today, I vow not to go for any quick fixes that make me feel worse in the long run.
Um... can I go for best two out of three? The problem is, when I get hit with a boatload of work and unrealistic deadlines, something's got to give. I didn't have time to prepare healthy food and bring it in to work. This is another goal that I'll have to try tackling again. I wish I could say otherwise.

Goal for the week: Yes, again with the yoga. I know it's going to take longer than a week to make this a habit; right now I'm just getting through on will power. And for now, that's okay.
Done!



Exercise du jour: 30 minutes with my elliptical. I'm starting to find the elliptical machine a good short-term fix. Feel good after I stop, don't feel any bad effects later on.

Done!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Glad that you're finding some reward and satisfaction in your elliptical and rowing efforts! Is the foot doing any better?

messymimi said...

Good for you, on the elliptical and the yoga.