Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Ouch... that puts things into perspective

Quote du jour: The bad things seem minuscule and irrelevant to me now. They are firmly in perspective now. In fact, my main regret is that I worried as much as I did.
- Jo from the Life in Windermere blog.
(Her previous post mentioned that she'd decided to give up on the chemo treatments.)

What the hell am I bitchin' about exercise for? Or anything else, for that matter?

Exercise du jour: 2 miles jogging
Done. Finally. Better late than not at all.

7 comments:

rssasrb said...

Great quote. Really makes me appreciate what I have.

Thanks Miss Merry from me and the youngest dog. Thinking about your excuses and answers to them got me out of the bed and walking this morning. With the dog which is why he thanks you.

Not up to your four miles and my knees won't take jogging but I pushed myself over the mile I'd walked last time. Will have to measure to see how much over.

You are inspiring me.

The Merry said...

Knees are important, RSS! I'm sure the dog understands the need not to push them too far. I'm glad you got out for a walk :)

messymimi said...

Gives new meaning to don't worry, by happy.

Get that exercise, and love your life.

C said...

Thank you for this. You spared me writing a long angry post about stuff that really doesn't matter. I am grateful for that, Miss Merry. :)

Merry said...

But don't stop writing, Xenia!

Gina said...

Thank you for that moment of pause and reflection. I feel like I'm living in paradise now. It's the same mess of toys, crumbs and dog fur on the floor, the same broken A/C, and the same body. But, now it's a different perspective.

Cat said...

Yep. How bad is bad, and how we sometimes get worried about "the little stuff". Something to think about when I am pondering my 'poor little me' attitude. Which might not stop the attitude, but might put it in perspective.

Cat