Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Modest goals

Quote du jour: When we die, no one remembers us for what we weighed. Our weight isn't etched into our headstones.
-- Stephanie Klein, Moose, 2008


Site du jour: I liked this post about overwork versus getting things done. Myths of the overworked

Exercise du jour: Again, the goal is to take a lunch break, back away from the keyboard and walk. No one is forcing me to work through lunch. It shall be done.
Done! Hey, that's two in a row. Not that that makes a habit. But it does make for an improvement.



Posted from DPad on my iPad

5 comments:

Xenia said...

That work post is really interesting. I'll watch the video this weekend.

Enjoy your lunchtime walk, Merry.

messymimi said...

If the shaming doesn't work, would your inner child like a non food treat for cooperating? Just a thought.

Spilling Ink said...

"Our weight isn't etched into our headstones" - how relieved am I?

Robena Grant said...

Yeah, I'm relieved about that, too. I'm still getting by on the weight on my drivers licence from forty years ago. : )

Julie said...

Robena, I updated mine a few years ago, and that still didn't make it correct.

Merry, YES! Great that you walked. Well done. Not only on your way to making it a habit, but it helps to avoid blood clots too! Healthy bonus.