Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So far... (Week 1 Eat to Live)

Quote du jour: Nothing cures insomnia as well as the realization that it's time to get up.

Survived week 1 of the Eat to Live six week plan.

Look, I don't want to jinx anything, but so far, so good. Not really noticing much difference. Well, yes, I did lose a couple pounds this week, but my weight fluctuates wildly anyway, so it's not that significant. (In the last six weeks, I've gained and lost 11 pounds. It's a roller coaster.)

More to the point, I'm not noticing any complaints from the Department of the Interior regarding the increase in high-fiber veggies in the diet. Not noticing any decrease in energy. I am noticing the feeling that I had before, the feeling of lightness, of not being weighed down by high-fat foods.

Exercise du jour: 50 minutes elliptical. Yesterday I did 30 minutes on a higher resistance; today I want to go for endurance.

I know I should mix it up with other kinds of exercise, such as spine-stretching yoga, but until I get all the furniture moved back into my office, the living room is too crowded for me to try exercise DVDs. No, seriously. I'll have to put a picture up. I keep planning to organize things when I get home, but i don't follow through. Turns out there is something my inner slug hates worse than exercising or house cleaning: organizing. The thought of being faced with that kind of decision-making at the end of the day makes the inner slug Really Eager to get on that elliptical.

Posted from DPad on my iPad

3 comments:

messymimi said...

Tell Inner Slug it only has to move one thing at the end of each day. Even if motivation to do more doesn't follow, one thing a day and it will eventually get done.

Oh, and can moving the furniture be considered your weightlifting workout for that day? Inner Slug might like that idea.

C said...

At least the inner slug isn't preventing you from doing any exercise at all. Keep it up!

EcoCatLady said...

Your inner slug cracks me up.

I'm really curious about this eating plan. At some point would you mind posting a sample menu for the day? Just curious what it looks like in real terms.

:)
Cat