Monday, November 21, 2011

Wake me up when it's December, 'k?

funny pictures - Oh!  Gheesh!   Heres  it  comes  again.  Dat  fing  called  Mondae. Wen  i  rulez  da  wurld,  i  iz  gettin  rid  ob  itz.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

Good: Thanks to the lack of car, I got a lot of walking done this weekend just from Getting Things Done. To wit, walked 7-1/2 miles this weekend.
Bad: Might not get any exercise at all this week.

The next seven days are going to be hellish. I don't get paid for hours I don't work, so I'm going to try to work three 12-hour days this week to make up for the loss of money from the holidays. Plus which, I'm going to be spending money, flying home for Thanksgiving and then on to Southern California for a family reunion. The odds of healthy eating, regular exercise, or enough sleep occurring this week are, unlike the woman typing these words, extremely slim.

Site du week: Eco Cat Lady has a great post on why Alarm Clocks are the Root of All Evil.

16 comments:

Shelley said...

Three 12-hour days sounds like mental torture - I'd say that's exercise enough! Good luck getting through that...and I hope you enjoy your well-earned days off.

And now I must go check that alarm clock post. :)

messymimi said...

Wishing you a blessed holiday with your family, in spite of the craziness.

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles said...

Brutal. It's criminal not to pay employees for holidays. Your company should be tried at the Hague for War Crimes Against Humanity. Eating good/exercising while traveling and working long shifts is nearly impossible. Hang in there.

JavaChick said...

I love that kitten picture. That is all.

Enjoy your holidays!

EcoCatLady said...

Awww... thanks so much for the link. You have my most heartfelt and sincere condolences on both the work schedule and the family reunion. Don't grinding your teeth and biting your tongue count as some form of exercise?

azusmom said...

Oy! Just take care of yourself as well as you can over the next couple of weeks.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Vaya con dios.
Julie

Crabby McSlacker said...

Wow, talk about a high degree of difficulty! Good luck, and be sure to pat yourself on the back for ANY exercise you get or wise food choices you're able to make. Sometimes damage control is the best one can do!

Anonymous said...

WTF?! How did I miss a post? Mentioning ME in it and a massive damn bike ride?

Pardon me while I go back through your archives and try to figure out how this happened. So sorry!!! (Oops, past my bed time, I'll do it tomorrow.)
Julie

(Really? You won't come and visit on a bike ride some afternoon? Well, I wonder if I can ... nah, not a chance.)

Amy said...

i miss our haiku's, we should pretend to be japanese again soon.

The Merry said...

Airport haiku

Fog left hours ago,
Airport slow to get a clue.
Clear blue sky, no plane.

Amy said...

aww, now it feels like christmas


early work meeting,
teller appreciation,
rather walk doggies

McB said...

Time to wake up.

The Merry said...

Nooooooooo! I was just getting into my long winter's nap!
Did walk over six miles today. Just did't brag -- er, I meant blog about it.

Anonymous said...

Brag about it! Six miles is awesome!

Yes, poke poke, it's December.
Julie

Merry said...

Waaaah. Want snooze button.

This should please God be the last of the 12 hour work days. I am fed up with waking up at 4 and going to bed as soon as I get home. It's unnatural.

Not fed up with whining about it though. That seems to come naturally.