Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Internet is making it harder for me to be a slacker

Here I was, spending time on the Internet because it was too dark and cold and gloomy to get off my ever-increasing bottom and get on my bicycle for a short 4-mile ride. (But it's so dark! It's so cold! It's so glooooooomy!)

Then I had to go and read Lynne's blog about her ride from Eugene to Beaverton.* (For those of you from elsewhere, she rode 136 miles that day. For those of you from somewhere with a more sensible measuring system, that's 218 kilometers.)

Damn. It's much harder to look my conscience in the eye and tell it that I can't do my simple get-the-chores-done ride.

Done! 4 miles on a bike

*Sorry, Julie, but even though I'd love to stop in for a visit, it ain't gonna be by bike.

3 comments:

messymimi said...

Well, we all knew the internet would be good for something...

Spilling Ink said...

Feeling a little on the defensive side today I have to ask if if it's fair to compare to Lynne. She's obviously Wonderwoman and we're probably just mere mortals!

And who'd have thought that the internet would be our conscience? M

The Merry said...

Oh, I don't feel called upon to do what she does. It just makes me think that I can get off my butt and do something.