Monday, October 31, 2011

What, I'm supposed to share all this candy with little kids whose mothers dress them funny?

I mean, there's all this candy just lying around the house. How much sugar do little kids need, anyway?

And I've just gone 30 days without tasting anything sweet. Surely my stores of sugar, fat, and artificial ingredients are dangerously depleted.



Well, it won't hurt if I open the bag, just to air the chocolates a bit.

And maybe one leeetle bite won't hurt. Just to test that they're all right. For the sake of the children.

Oh dear. Maybe I'll turn out the lights and hide tonight.

Exercise du jour: Only 2 miles of walking today, and 15 minutes elliptical.

Update du 7:35 a.m.: Okay, so I was kidding about eating up all that chocolate. Last night, I actually ate one piece. Tasted okay. This morning, I woke up with a fierce headache. It's been coming and going for the last few days, so I don't think it was caused by the chocolate. But I don't think the chocolate helped either. Not sure if I'm going to get the exercising in after all.

9 comments:

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles said...

Ha ha. I totally spaced the 30-day no sugar thing until you reminded me in this post. Whoops. Although I haven't done half bad, despite the fact that I totally pledged a 30 day sugar break. I have succumbed to some office Halloween candy and a batch of brownies. Sigh.

messymimi said...

Hope you feel better and can enjoy the evening.

Shelley said...

Ahhhh, the chocolate aroma that comes from a freshly opened bag...so good! Maybe tonight when the hooligans ring your bell, you can say "trick!" and grab a piece of their candy - hey, you know they will have plenty!

EcoCatLady said...

Ha! I totally fell off of my no sugar bandwagon with the Halloween candy. And I am paying dearly... I have a terrible migraine. Probably can't blame it all on the Snicker's bars (oh yes... it was a plural sort of indulgence), but I'm sure they didn't help!

I'm hoping I don't end up with any leftovers this year...

azusmom said...

Eeergh! I agreed to a 2-day "jumpstart" today, in part to keep my greedy little digits out of the candy stash. I was until now: the mid-afternoon grumblings!
But I will survive!

Hope your headache goes away REALLY SOON.

Happy Halloween!!!!!

azusmom said...

(Um, I meant to say I was FINE until now...)

Theresa said...

I knew there was a reason I've been eating so much candy and sugar. I've been compensating! For everything you haven't been eating. I feel so much better now. :)

The Merry said...

So sorry, Theresa! Will try to do my part in the future instead of dumping my responsibility on others. My bad.

Kyle said...

Congrats on the will power...chocolate is a common trigger for migraine headaches...so anything is possible.