Thursday, October 27, 2011

Heading toward Progress

funny pictures - WHAT YEAR IS IT?
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

Quote du jour: When you are old and gray and full of sleep, and nodding by the fire, take down this book and slowly read, and dream of the soft look your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep.
- Yeats

I'm feeling old and gray and full of sleep this morning... if I sat down by the fire I wouldn't be reading, that's for sure. I think this week has been better. Managed to get some kind of exercise in every day, even if I'm falling down on the eating healthy veggie stuff from home part. I'll work on that next week. Progress is being made.

Yesterday I managed to drive to work with hardly a wrong turn at all. (This is along very convoluted back roads rather than the congested freeway.) At one point, I came to an intersection. The road sign told me that I had to choose between taking a right and heading to Newberg or turning left toward Progress. I chose to head toward Progress.

Site du jour: Suldog has a good post on incarnation. "...putting great wealth into your hands would be akin to granting a meteor the ability to tap dance."

Exercise du jour: I am going to fit in the 4 miles of exercise and 15 minutes elliptical. That's not too much to ask. I can do that.

10 comments:

Suldog said...

Hi. Thanks so much for the linky-love! Much appreciated!

messymimi said...

Progress, we need to all be on that road.

EcoCatLady said...

Back in my performing musician days, I used to play at a little bar called "Paradise." It was a total dive, hidden away in the twisting netherworld of tracks and warehouses behind the train station. It was hard to find on a good day, but at one point there was a bunch of construction down there, so they put up signs to help the patrons not to get lost. It was sort fun following all of the signs that said "Paradise this way!"

McB said...

I dunno. I've had it from an excellent source that Progress ain't what it's cracked up to be.

The Merry said...

Some people say progress is overrated, true.

My brother lives in a town called Paradise. You'd think they'd have postcards and such, but nooooo.

Anonymous said...

When progress is being made that's very worthwhile!
Deargawd woman you are out of bed and leaving the house. And not getting lost! Right there you've earned a reward.
Julie

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles said...

Maybe your new company can send you a chauffeured car (aka LIMO or something) to pick you up in the morning, with heated leather seats and a steaming cup of tea? That would be my vote anyway.

The Merry said...

Ah, there's a thought. I like the way you think, Andrea.
And would the chauffeur be a tall man with blond hair and green eyes? It's important to get these details right.

Crabby McSlacker said...

I think it's great you're taking the road to Progress! Better than heading on a Boring trip. (Isn't there a Boring in Ore? I recall seeing signs for the Boring Library, the Boring Fire Dept etc. and it cracked me up).

Good luck on the 4 mi + elliptical, seems like a pretty darn respectable goal for a workin' gal!

The Merry said...

Boring is out on the east side of Portland, sorta near Mount Hood. The road to Progress actually leads me, eventually, to Wanker's Corner.
Gotta feel sorry for any teenagers who live in a place with that name. (Adults too, but seems worse for teenagers.)