Friday, November 19, 2010

A gloomy gray Friday deserves a great photo

Yes, I know it's sexist to put up pictures of scantily clad males on this blog.

Even if it's a picture that's incredibly full of color and makes you want to go find a sunny beach somewhere far away from traffic and rain and cubicles full of work that you're behind schedule on.

But today... I don't care.

I've spent a week of being stymied and thwarted at work, and even though it's Friday I have to confess that I'm feeling
lumpy...
and grumpy...
and frumpy...

as well as gloomy and doomy.

A day like this calls for a great photo.





Site du jour: Adopt a word. The Oxford English dictionary is on a quest to prevent thousands of words from falling out of daily use, and is asking people to "adopt" one, in order to keep it alive. The random feature of the site suggested I adopt the word "yelve."

And to save you the trouble, I looked it up. Turns out that means a fork used to carry dung; such a fork used as a garden tool. Um... are they trying to tell me something? Still, it's a fun site.

Goal of the month: 30 days of throwing stuff out. Maybe throwing stuff out will improve my mood.

Goal of the week: Out the door by 7:30. Maybe if I keep trying, I'll get this done.


Exercise du jour C25k week 4.

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:

* Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
* Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
* Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
* Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
* Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
* Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
* Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)


Photo courtesy of mateoutah.

100% Fail. I had such high hopes, very pretty high hopes that got thrown down and stomped on by the demands of other people. Push the run back to Saturday, shrug the rest off. Tomorrow is another day. I hope.

7 comments:

C said...

Niiiiice photo.

I have had the same week. It sucks. But we will both persevere, I just know it.

Hang in there!

LaShaune said...

Better than Palin's made-up word being adopted into the New Oxford English Dictionary.

You may also find this one interesting: http://phrontistery.info/clw1.html.

Please keep with the half-nekked mens on Fridays...it helps me get through the work day!

Although I have yet to adopt a word yet (I am searching for one I can love and interject into my everyday drawl), my word verification is: Preader

mcb said...

I'm going to try to be more synallactic (conciliatory) today towards cow-orkers.

Probably I should start by not calling them that, huh?

Lu said...

Love the picture! I'll need an address as well, please. That ought to improve my outlook of the holidays.

messymimi said...

Our day started foggy and gray also. The pic helps.

Keep tossing stuff out, it does help the mood.

Judith said...

Personally, I love the word "pusillanimous". It's not extinct but people don't use it nearly enough, in my opinion. My adopted word is "mingent." What a great word! It means discharging urine. Who knew?

Also, love the pic.

Judith said...

PS: Great website! Thank you! I am now officially mingent's mum.