Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Foot, meet rant.

My damn foot is a tease.

I've been practicing my own version of RICE (Rest, Ignore, Complain, Eat) and the foot seemed to have been getting better. Walked two miles yesterday, and it didn't fall off. Didn't even hurt much.

So this morning, I walked 1-1/2 miles. No problem.
At lunch, walked 2 miles. A bit tender, but nothing ibuprofen couldn't deal with. Walked another mile from work to the Max, feeling okay.

I figured I was going to be fine. The last mile to the house would be no problem.

That's when my foot decided to make its move. Half a mile from the house, suddenly it feels like someone is stabbing a knife into my 2nd and 3rd toes. Could hardly put weight on the foot at all. Very irritating.

I was a mad limping fool all the way home. This is Not Fair.

What this is, of course, is God's way of telling me I should always listen to Dr. J.

Exercise du jour: Walking and swearing. Tomorrow's exercise will include picking up the phone and Making A Doctor's Appointment.

7 comments:

English Rider said...

Bummer!

Gina - What Am I Supposed To Do With That? said...

Oh, not what you need at all. I'm sure swearing burns more calories than not swearing.

I hope this can be taken care of for you right away.

messymimi said...

Take the good doctor's advice, and I hope it gets you back in the game soon.

Andrew Opala said...

That sounds very crappy - but if it makes you feel better had a goo laugh at RICE (Rest, Ignore, Complain, Eat)

Cat said...

I think I have used the RICE method for some of my aches and pains, too! And I know that swearing, especially vociferous and loud swearing, burns more calories. (The fat jumps away, not wanting to be associatied with the tirade...)

:)

Cat

Anonymous said...

RICE! I love this so much. May I borrow it some time? Hope the doc is helpful and you get some answers for this issue.
Julie

Dr. J said...

Only fair, I always tell people to listen to God!