Monday, September 27, 2010

Planting trees with an ax

Blogging is a great way to excuse slackness. Sorry, can't keep planting trees, have to blog about my doing so. And, of course, taking pictures of the activity.

The evidence

It sounded so simple, in theory. Dig a hole. A whole hole. How hard can that be? Well, when the yard is rife with tree roots (from erstwhile trees), it can be quite the workout. I was reduced to hacking at the roots with an ax. Great for the arms, works up a good sweat, but it takes forever. Probably a young, muscular man... with blond hair and green eyes, nice tan, good build... hmmmn... could deal with this in two minutes.


The accomplices


Exercise du jour: 30 minutes on Ellie the elliptical. That, at least, I know I haven't misplaced.

Too hot to ellipt. 30 minutes rowing instead. The rower is in a cooler room

Done! I really, really didn't want to exercise tonight. Blog guilt works.

2 comments:

messymimi said...

I'm back from my retreat.

Good work! Both the rowing and the workout you got planting.

Amy said...

been there, done that, have the blisters and residual anger to prove it. feels weird to kill a bunch of trees to plant a few trees but we keep on doing it.