Sunday, January 04, 2009

Running in a Winter Wonderland? Bah humbug.

I know snow is wonderful when it falls on a windless evening, thick white flakes drifting out of the sky to cover the streets and sidewalks with a clean white blanket of soft powder snow.

I don't care. I want it to stop already.

I'm as enthusiastic toward snow as the reindog is toward Christmas.
Must you do this to me every year?


Can running in snowy weather affect asthma? Sure feels like it.


Exercise du jour:
Ran 30 minutes. Didn't get a baseline time; too busy peering at the ground trying to find the icy patches.

3 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

I agree, a baseline time is not worth slipping and falling on an ice patch in order to obtain. Good for you for going out in it!

And I LOVE the reindog pictures.

JavaChick said...

My asthma gets bad in cold damp weather. Some people apparently have the opposite problem and are bothered by dry conditions. But yeah, I'd say snowy weather could cause problems with asthma.

The Merry said...

JavaChick -- thank you! I'm new to this whole Asthma-thing, and as a result I tend to find out the hard way what I should or should not do. Running in a cold dry snowstorm hurt my lungs for a couple of hours afterwards, so that's on my 'maybe not' list of activities.
It's frustrating to base your exercises on your breathing. I do /not/ approve.
(But I appreciate the comment!)