Friday, January 09, 2009

Excuse du jour: alien abduction


I can only conclude that I was temporarily abducted by aliens last night. It's the only explanation that fits the facts. While I can't remember any details, they must have been experimenting on me. When I tried to work out today, I found the following physiological changes had occurred:

- my arms have been filled with lead or concrete weights; it is almost impossible to do as many push ups as I was doing two weeks ago.
- my running shoes have been treated with some form of superglue or else my legs have been injected with an alien anti-exercise virus; I cannot lift my feet off of the pavement to run.
- they performed some kind of alien mind-meld that has left me with a compulsion to curl up on the couch and watch old Babylon 5 DVDs.

Damn those aliens.


Finally finished day 2 of week 4 of the push up challenge. In other words, I'm caught up as of Wednesday's exercise du jour.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you are. Do not despair, aliens happen to the best of us. Fortunately they don't stick around long. No signs of intelligent life on this planet.

Hessnagn: the home planet

Jenn said...

I hate days like that! At least they brought you back. :)

Diana Swallow said...

I'm currently enrolled in the alien program called "you're gonna stay fat no matter what you do" My lawyers are fighting to break my contract and get me out of the program, I'll keep you posted.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Oh those dang aliens, I hate when they do that!

Sounds like with the continued push up battle you've got 'em on the run though.

rssasrb said...

You are doing a push-up challenge. Holy Cow Batgirl. You rock.

I think the aliens were busy on Friday. I couldn't do as much of a workout as I had been either.

P.S. Send the snow SE to VA would ya.

JavaChick said...

Sounds to me like you need some rest. A couple days off or something. Hope you're feeling normal again soon.

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Keep up the good work. You can do my share for me, please.

Tom Rooney said...

I've found that in order to break the mind-meld you need to click you heels together 3 times and say Unique New York very quickly. After being on our planet for some time, they have a passion for The Wizard of Oz and tongue twisters.

C said...

I feel like that today. Actually for the last few days. Feel better soon.