see more deMotivational Posters
Amazing. Just when I think it's time to give up...
This past week I've lost 3-1/2 pounds. After
I haven't been this weight in three or four years. Could somebody pass the fried chicken?
Exercise du jour: Jog 2.5 miles
Notes on the run:
- Had to stop the warm up walk to help a policeman catch a couple of friendly but foolish dogs who were frolicking in busy traffic. The owner came up a few minutes later "oh, I just left them in the front yard for a moment..." Geez. (Should I mention none of the front yards around here are fenced?)
- While jogging, I noticed a cycle: 1st thought about walking - 7 minutes, 2nd thought about walking - 14 minutes, 3rd - 21 minutes. And yes, 28 minutes again. (Some people get the 7 year itch. Me, I get the 7-minute bitch.) I did run the whole distance, though. And after the 28th minute, I didn't think walking thoughts.
- This run was slower than the same distance last week. (Maybe... just a thought... fried chicken and red wine aren't good running fuel? I did have to stop and tie my shoe again, so maybe that was it.)
- Pain update: the tendons around the lower leg hurt a bit while I was running, but not at all once I'd stopped. This is a definite improvement. Must be getting a bit stronger.
- The cool down walk got interrupted by a cat that ran up to me and demanded that I pet her for several minutes. Seriously, this was one determined cat. I don't speak fluent cat, but from the tone of her cries I gathered she was seriously underfed, neglected, and unappreciated. (This despite the fact that she was quite overweight, had beautiful fur, and a flea collar.) Eventually, I had to break away and tell her to go home. Which she did. (At least, she went back up the drive to the front porch she'd been sitting on before she saw me.)
- Between the dogs and the cat, I smelled quite interesting to Tanji when I got home. Today is her 13th birthday, which in human terms would make her about 91. Which is really quite young for a German Shepherd. (Look, just agree with me here. I don't want to hear otherwise.)