Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hating math, but in love with numbers



Word du jour
: Lassitude -- the attitude of a collie after little Timmy falls into the well for the 20th time. "Honestly, that kid needs to learn to swim already."

Alternate definitions:
1. weariness of body or mind from strain, oppressive climate, etc.; lack of energy; listlessness; languor.
2. a condition of indolent indifference: the pleasant lassitude of the warm summer afternoon.
-from dictionary.com

The legs are feeling a bit of the old lassitude today, and it is hard to set aside my pre-determined schedule to let my legs have an extra rest day.

I hate math, but I've fallen in love with numbers. I want to see the numbers on the sidebar go up and the numbers on the scale go down. I'm like a miser gloating over her hoard of choice numbers, going back to look at them again later and feel smug.

Silly woman, to value numbers over this body that's faithfully carried me around all these years.

Exercise du jour: Yoga. Maybe with a hot bath afterward.

Lassie photo courtesy:

4 comments:

kaitlin said...

Sometimes the best thing to do is to listen to what your body is telling you... even if your brain wants to stay on the original schedule, lol. Yoga sounds fun though, I'm trying to work some of that into my schedule too!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

*raising hand* Also a math-hatin' number-lovin' girl here. But of course I've never had anyone say "look at the numbers on that chick!" to me. ;-)

messymimi said...

Yoga and a hot bath sound like a match made in heaven.

I like your definition of lassitude better.

Tricia said...

I like looking at your numbers too!

Does that sound pervy? :) I like the sidebar updates, but your numbers won't update any faster with an injury. Trust me, I know. Rest my friend.