Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It was a very big wildebeest, if that helps

I didn't post anything this morning because I got tired of writing sniveling posts filled with piffling, petty reasons why the exercise didn't get done. That sort of thing is depressing and it's boring. I know I'd pledged to post my feeble excuses, as a way of holding myself accountable, but it makes for a damned feeble post.

So I've decided to take another approach:

  • I didn't get the 3.5 mile jog yesterday because a nuclear bomb exploded right directly on the track.
  • I didn't get the 3.5 mile jog in today because I had to rescue an innocent golden-haired child from a rampaging wildebeest before flying off to Stockholm Oslo Maui to accept the Nobel prize for Incredible Wonderfulness.

There. Nothing to do with indigestion, extremely late MAX trains, or general time mis-management.

I refuse to feel guilty about a rampaging wildebeest.

Exercise du jour: A measly 20 minutes ellipticalling

13 comments:

LMI said...

20 minutes is nothing to sneeze at!

And at least we know your imagination got some exercise, too.

The Merry said...

The wise and wonderful Crabby McSlacker of Crankyfitness.com once found herself unable to exercise because she came down with a case of 24-hour leprosy.

Keith said...

Rampaging wildebeest are something to be taken seriously. Even if they are imaginary. How much did you get for the innocent golden-haired child that you rescued?

The Merry said...

You mean I could've gotten some cash for her? Damn! Talked about a missed opportunity.

One Crazy Penguin said...

Wait, did you see Simba as the wildebeest were stampeding? Did you save Mufasa!?!

Bummer about the nuclear bomb....

The Merry said...

I do like the people who comment here. There aren't too many blogs where you'd run across the sentence Bummer about the nuclear bomb.... :)

Gina Fit by 41 Maybe 42 said...

And I thought my excuses were an art form. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah ha, so that flash I saw in the north was you? Whew, glad you and the fair haired child are fine now. The only reason I get my movement-ing in is because it's a class, and I have to show up. Otherwise, it'd be all wildebeasts all the time.
Julie
(The confirmation word was follyz, which is basically me and exercize in the same sentence.

Retta said...

I gotta say... I ALWAYS read the comments on your blog. They are about as entertaining as your posts! :-D

C said...

That sounds totally reasonable to me. Only yesterday I had to skip going to the gym to rescue the cross of Coronado from a greedy rich guy in a white hat because "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!"

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

Oh, and that lady who commented above me? Her head's on fire. I think maybe that's not a good thing.

Patsy said...

"The cat ate my homework"... Ooops, wrong excuse!

messymimi said...

Patsy, in our house, the cat does eat the homework. The kittens actually, they love to play with paper.

Wildebeest? Should i be asking what's gnu with you? Or will that get me clonked in the head with an old shoe?

English gets weird sometimes.

The Merry said...

Should've seen that one coming... ;)