Thursday, January 17, 2008

Going dark...

Aghast, I said "A week without internet access?"
"Well, ten days or so," said the Verizon rep cheerfully. "We'll let you know in a couple of days exactly when we can re-schedule the installation."

I can stand that... can't I? I have my doubts. It's not that I'm addicted... exactly... sniff

No, no! Cheerful Mary time! I'm going to get so much done without any computer distractions. I'll compose haiku and compost vegetables and completely organize my new house. Maybe I'll solve Global Warming while I'm at it. Worth a try.

Okay, enough with the cheerfulness already.
Sniff I'm going out for awhile. I may be some time...

If you click on this photo to enlarge it, you can see a faint meteor in the lower central area of the sky. Or you can go to flickr, where there's a note pointing out the meteor.

11 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

10 days with no internet? WOW, you are so brave! I'm not sure if I could function LOL

Can't wait for you to get back!

Crabby McSlacker said...

I hate Verizon. Ten days! Fans of Sheesh and Cranky Fitness are going to be seriously bummed.

But lets see, 10 days to to find better things to do than chain yourself to the internet? Sounds enticing, and healthy too. Have fun!

McB said...

We'll keep a light on in the window.

Sarah said...

Wow. No internet. That REALLY sucks. But, if I didn't have internet I think my house would be A LOT cleaner.

marie said...

ACK! Having to go out and interact with the real world?! Say it ain't so!

Reb said...

We'll miss you! Why on earth does it take that long to flip two switches and run a wire?

Heather said...

wow that would be hard for me! but think of it as a chance to do other things than sit at a computer!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't go 10 days without my computer. That's why the library has them.

I wish you luck with your "other" projects.............:)

Penelope said...

You poor thing. I hate it when that happens. It makes me want to fire Karen and start interviewing new humans.

-- P

Nunhead Mum of One said...

What are they doing to you?! when you get back to cyberspace, I have a little something for you at mine......"E is for...."

NMO x

H said...

Oh no! Did you get good things done at least?